Comparison of stainless steel and carbon steel
The density of carbon steel is slightly higher than that of ferrite and martensitic stainless steel, and slightly lower than that of austenitic stainless steel;
The resistivity is increased in the order of carbon steel, ferrite, martensite and austenitic stainless steel;
3. The order of linear expansion coefficient is similar, the austenitic stainless steel is the highest and the carbon steel is the smallest;
4. Carbon steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steels are magnetic, and austenitic stainless steels are non-magnetic, but they will be magnetic when they are cold worked hard to form martensite transformation. Heat treatment can be used to eliminate this martensite. Organize and restore its non-magnetic properties.
Compared with carbon steel, austenitic stainless steel has the following characteristics:
1) High resistivity, about 5 times that of carbon steel.
2) The large coefficient of linear expansion is 40% larger than that of carbon steel, and as the temperature increases, the value of the coefficient of linear expansion increases accordingly.
3) Low thermal conductivity, about 1/3 of carbon steel.